What is neuropsychological assessment?
Focus on brain structure and function
Neuropsychologists have specialised training in the structure and function of the brain, enabling them to assess psychological problems and conditions – which is especially useful in situations where a brain injury has occurred.
What type of conditions?
Neuropsychological assessment can be helpful when a person has had a:
- Brain injury – such as a trauma (e.g. motor vehicle accident, falls, assault or even long-term alcohol abuse)
- Neurological condition – such as stroke, multiple sclerosis or tumours affecting the brain
- Psychiatric illness / condition.
Assessment provides robust insights into brain disorders affecting memory, learning, attention, language, problem solving and decision making. Specific outputs include:
- Predict likely occupational outcomes, including profiling of strengths and weakness
- Detail consequences of a brain injury on a person’s life and function
- Assist with the diagnoses of various neurological and neurodegenerative conditions
- Identify cognitive impairment – especially where changes are subtle
- Provide a baseline for changes over time.
Interested to know more or make a booking? Speak to our team on 1300 333 767.